Over time, the surface of your bathtub may become dull, discoloured, worn out and damaged due to the everyday use of harsh cleaners. Bathtub refinishing can restore the surface of your tub to a smoothfinish that is not only more pleasing, but easier to clean. Hiring an experienced refinishing contractor can help you achieve the best and longest lasting results.
The following are some reasons to consider for refinishing your bathtub:
- Saves money: Replacing your bathtub may cost more than refinishing. If you replace your bathtub, the walls are taken out and plumbing, tile and floor jobs are involved. Refinishing costs are limited to supplies and labor.
- Saves time: Bathtub refinishing takes only 3 to 6 hours depending on the condition of the tub.
- Longevity: Bathtub refinishing can last up to 15 years. In addition to this, small chips and cracks can be quickly repaired.
- Color choice: To refinish your bathtub, you can choose a color of your choice. It also gives a good and attractive look to your bathroom.
Professional Bathtub Refinishing Services by Perma Ceram
Perma Ceram, a bathtub refinishing contractor has been providing bathtub refinishing services for over 30 years. Our goal is to give the highest quality & service to our clients. We provide our services in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Dutchess Counties in NY, Fairfield County and Bridgeport and Greenwich in CT. Our professionals can provide a long lasting solution at an affordable cost.
If you are interested in our services, please feel free to call us at (914) 930- 4964.
Steps to Fix a Chip in a Fiberglass Bathtub
- Clean the chipped area: Clean the chipped area with soap and water. Let the area dry.
- Mask: Mask the area around the chip with plastic tape.
- Ventilate the area: Open windows to ventilate the bathroom.
- Prepare the epoxy mixture: Add thickener to the epoxy and stir it.
- Chip repair: Apply the epoxy mixture to the chipped area with a paintbrush. Allow the epoxy to dry for five hours or more.
- Smooth the surface: Once the epoxy is dry, smooth the surface with sandpaper.
- The bathtub is ready for use after 24-hours.
Fiberglass chip repair is a do-it-yourself job, but hiring a professional ensures a durable job.
Fiberglass Repair in Westchester
Perma Ceram is a bathtub refinishing and repair company in Westchester, NY. The company has more than 30 years of experience refinishing and repairing fiberglass bathtubs. For fiberglass chip repair in NY, call Perma Ceram at (914) 930-4964/(888) 797-8108 for a free, no obligation estimate.
Would you like to make your bathtub look brand new? Refinishing your bathtub can make it look brand new, and save you from buying and installing a new bathtub.
Bathtub refinishing steps
- Mask: Mask the area around the bathtub that will not be refinished.
- Base coat: To apply the base coat, wear a respirator and make sure the area is ventilated. Mix the base coat and apply to the bathtub using a spray gun. Let the base coat dry for 30 minutes.
- Top coat: Mix the paint and apply the top coat using a spray gun. Wait 48-72 hours and let it dry. Remove the mask around the bathtub and it is ready to use.
Bathtub refinishing is not easy. The process involves toxic chemicals, and it is not easy to get good results. Hire a professional bathtub refinishing service to do the job perfectly and safely.