Bathtub refinishing restores old, worn or damaged bathtubs to a new condition. It is the quickest and most economical way to renew your bathtub. Contact us today for professional and reliable services in Westchester and Cortlandt Manor, NY. Call us at 914-930-4964 or 888-797-8108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When your bathtub starts to age, instead of replacing it, you can refinish it and add a few more years of life to it. Refinishing a bathtub takes too much time if you have to do it yourself. There are also some limitations. It requires skills and tools to produce pro-level finishes. Here are a few good reasons on why you should consider hiring a professional for bathtub refinishing.
- Hiring a professional saves you time.
- Bathtub refinishing is a difficult job with uncertain results. When you refinish the bathtub yourself, it may not be as good as when experienced professionals do it.
- Hiring a professional also spares you the DIY-disaster that you may end up with.
- It involves head-to-toe coverall suits, HEPA air filters, and industrial paint sprayers.
- The process includes, cleaning of bathtub and removing any caulking, removing fixtures and overflow covers, light sand and vacuuming, possible acid etching, ventilated to outside, spray-paint up to 3 coats of a primer, spray-painting 3-4 layers of top coat mixture, etc.
- Professionals can match any existing color or whip up a new color for the bathtub.
- It takes 3 to 5 hours for the process, with the bathtub ready for use within 24 hours.
- If you don’t prep the surface adequately, the longevity of your finished job will be highly compromised. Professionals can do a better surface preparation, like avoiding fumes and mess.
- It guarantees good results. It looks excellent and the quality rivals that of a new tub’s surface.
Factors to Consider Before Hiring a Professional for Your Bathtub Refinishing
- It is very important to hire professionals who have experience and will ensure quality.
- Ask for the safety precautions they take. Since the refinishers will come to your home, make sure they have a plan to deal with the toxic fumes to protect you or anyone else who will be in the house.
- Hiring someone who has never refinished a bathtub might not be the wisest choice. A bathtub refinishing job, when done properly is predicted to last 5 years or more.