Tile repairing can be a very tricky job. To repair a cracked or chipped tile a little skilful hand is needed.Chipped or cracked tile is a common problem in many households. If you choose to try the repair yourself,here are somesteps for a guideline:
- Purchase oil-based primer/sealer, high gloss oil paint that matches the color of the tileand a syringe of two parts clear marine epoxy.
- Clean the chipped or cracked area with soap and water and rinse with clean water. Dry the area completely.
- Once the tile is dry, use a very small brush and carefully apply some of the primer/sealer to just the chipped area of the tile. Avoid using a huge amount of the sealer.
- Wait for some time and then apply a coat of finish paint in the same manner as you applied the primer/sealer.
- See if the color matches and if there is a difference in the color; apply a second light coat of finish paint. After 24 hours you can apply a secondcoat of paint.
- Once the color matches the surrounding part of the tile, wait an additional 24 hours. Mix the two-part marine epoxy that will fill the chipped area so it is the same height as the surrounding vacant part of the tile.
- Carefully spray out equal amounts of each part of the epoxy onto a scrap of cardboard and mix it very well.
- Apply the epoxy with the tip of a toothpick. Be careful to only get it in the chipped area.
- Carefully drop a small amount of epoxy at a time and add just enough so the top of the epoxy is in level with the top of the tile.
- Let it set. It usually takes 24 hours to set.
Tile Repair Contractor, New York
Perma Ceram is a professional tile repair company which offers excellent customer service every time. Contact us for any chipped tile repair or cracked tile repair. We serve Westchester County, Cortland Manor, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Fairfield, New Heaven in NY and Stamford, Greenwich in CT. Call us at (914) 930-4964 / (888) 797-8108 or use the contact form on our website and we will get right back to you.