When your bathtub starts to age, instead of replacing it, you can refinish it and add a few more years of life to it. Refinishing a bathtub takes too much time if you have to do it yourself. There are also some limitations. It requires skills and tools to produce pro-level finishes. Here are a few good reasons on why you should consider hiring a professional for bathtub refinishing.
- Hiring a professional saves you time.
- Bathtub refinishing is a difficult job with uncertain results. When you refinish the bathtub yourself, it may not be as good as when experienced professionals do it.
- Hiring a professional also spares you the DIY-disaster that you may end up with.
- It involves head-to-toe coverall suits, HEPA air filters, and industrial paint sprayers.
- The process includes, cleaning of bathtub and removing any caulking, removing fixtures and overflow covers, light sand and vacuuming, possible acid etching, ventilated to outside, spray-paint up to 3 coats of a primer, spray-painting 3-4 layers of top coat mixture, etc.
- Professionals can match any existing color or whip up a new color for the bathtub.
- It takes 3 to 5 hours for the process, with the bathtub ready for use within 24 hours.
- If you don’t prep the surface adequately, the longevity of your finished job will be highly compromised. Professionals can do a better surface preparation, like avoiding fumes and mess.
- It guarantees good results. It looks excellent and the quality rivals that of a new tub’s surface.
Factors to Consider Before Hiring a Professional for Your Bathtub Refinishing
- It is very important to hire professionals who have experience and will ensure quality.
- Ask for the safety precautions they take. Since the refinishers will come to your home, make sure they have a plan to deal with the toxic fumes to protect you or anyone else who will be in the house.
- Hiring someone who has never refinished a bathtub might not be the wisest choice. A bathtub refinishing job, when done properly is predicted to last 5 years or more.