Perma Ceram of Westchester is a tile repair company in NY that offers tile repair services for smaller jobs that many tile companies will not agree to undertake. Whether you have loose or hollow tiles in your kitchen or bathroom, we can secure them at a fraction of the cost of replacement. If you need our tile repair services, call 914-930-4964 or 888-797-8108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are different kinds of tiles that can be used in the bathroom such as ceramic, porcelain, natural stone, glass, granite, limestone and travertine. View the slideshow to know more.
Click here to Download PPT
Tile repairing can be a very tricky job. To repair a cracked or chipped tile a little skilful hand is needed.Chipped or cracked tile is a common problem in many households. If you choose to try the repair yourself,here are somesteps for a guideline:
- Purchase oil-based primer/sealer, high gloss oil paint that matches the color of the tileand a syringe of two parts clear marine epoxy.
- Clean the chipped or cracked area with soap and water and rinse with clean water. Dry the area completely.
- Once the tile is dry, use a very small brush and carefully apply some of the primer/sealer to just the chipped area of the tile. Avoid using a huge amount of the sealer.
- Wait for some time and then apply a coat of finish paint in the same manner as you applied the primer/sealer.
- See if the color matches and if there is a difference in the color; apply a second light coat of finish paint. After 24 hours you can apply a secondcoat of paint.
- Once the color matches the surrounding part of the tile, wait an additional 24 hours. Mix the two-part marine epoxy that will fill the chipped area so it is the same height as the surrounding vacant part of the tile.
- Carefully spray out equal amounts of each part of the epoxy onto a scrap of cardboard and mix it very well.
- Apply the epoxy with the tip of a toothpick. Be careful to only get it in the chipped area.
- Carefully drop a small amount of epoxy at a time and add just enough so the top of the epoxy is in level with the top of the tile.
- Let it set. It usually takes 24 hours to set.
Tile Repair Contractor, New York
Perma Ceram is a professional tile repair company which offers excellent customer service every time. Contact us for any chipped tile repair or cracked tile repair. We serve Westchester County, Cortland Manor, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Fairfield, New Heaven in NY and Stamford, Greenwich in CT. Call us at (914) 930-4964 / (888) 797-8108 or use the contact form on our website and we will get right back to you.
Repairing tile grout is detailed work, that might require hiring a tile repair contractor, but you can do it yourself. You will need a bag of grout and a few basic tools to start. The following steps explain how to repair tile grout in a shower:
- Check the locations and mark where tile repairing is required.
- Apply mildewcide to mildew. Wash the shower with a degreasing cleaner.
- Clean stains and mildew. Allow the shower to dry.
- Remove loose, brittle tile grout from the lines with a grout removal tool.
- Prepare a bucket of fresh grout with water.
- Scoop the grout from the bucket with a small putty knife. Apply a smooth layer to an area where grout was removed, using your finger or a sponge. Wipe away excess grout with a clean, damp cloth.
- Soak a sponge in clean water and ring the water out. Wipe the dirt from the shower with the sponge. Use the sponge to smooth every fresh grout line.
- Allow the shower to dry.
- Pour grout down the center of the grout lines. Soak the grout with sealer and remove excess sealer from surrounding tile with a clean, dry cloth.
10. Apply a second coat of sealer if required and allow it to dry.
11. Make sure you allow the sealer to dry completely before using the shower.
Bathroom Tile Repairing Contractor
If you have any tile repair work or need to repair tile grout, then call Perma Ceram. We are a reliable and trustworthy tile repair contracting service. We believe that excellent customer service starts with attending to the client’s needs on time and that is why we do our best to be on schedule and not keep you waiting. Call (914) 930-4964 / (888) 797-8108. We serve in New York, Westchester County, Cortland Manor, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Fairfield, New Haven, Connecticut, Stamford and Greenwich.