Bathtub refinishing restores old, worn or damaged bathtubs to a new condition. It is the quickest and most economical way to renew your bathtub. Contact us today for professional and reliable services in Westchester and Cortlandt Manor, NY. Call us at 914-930-4964 or 888-797-8108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When your bathtub starts to age, instead of replacing it, you can refinish it and add a few more years of life to it. Refinishing a bathtub takes too much time if you have to do it yourself. There are also some limitations. It requires skills and tools to produce pro-level finishes. Here are a few good reasons on why you should consider hiring a professional for bathtub refinishing.
- Hiring a professional saves you time.
- Bathtub refinishing is a difficult job with uncertain results. When you refinish the bathtub yourself, it may not be as good as when experienced professionals do it.
- Hiring a professional also spares you the DIY-disaster that you may end up with.
- It involves head-to-toe coverall suits, HEPA air filters, and industrial paint sprayers.
- The process includes, cleaning of bathtub and removing any caulking, removing fixtures and overflow covers, light sand and vacuuming, possible acid etching, ventilated to outside, spray-paint up to 3 coats of a primer, spray-painting 3-4 layers of top coat mixture, etc.
- Professionals can match any existing color or whip up a new color for the bathtub.
- It takes 3 to 5 hours for the process, with the bathtub ready for use within 24 hours.
- If you don’t prep the surface adequately, the longevity of your finished job will be highly compromised. Professionals can do a better surface preparation, like avoiding fumes and mess.
- It guarantees good results. It looks excellent and the quality rivals that of a new tub’s surface.
Factors to Consider Before Hiring a Professional for Your Bathtub Refinishing
- It is very important to hire professionals who have experience and will ensure quality.
- Ask for the safety precautions they take. Since the refinishers will come to your home, make sure they have a plan to deal with the toxic fumes to protect you or anyone else who will be in the house.
- Hiring someone who has never refinished a bathtub might not be the wisest choice. A bathtub refinishing job, when done properly is predicted to last 5 years or more.
Contact Perma Ceram of Westchester, Serving Westchester Since 1978
Over time, the surface of your bathtub may become dull, discoloured, worn out and damaged due to the everyday use of harsh cleaners. Bathtub refinishing can restore the surface of your tub to a smoothfinish that is not only more pleasing, but easier to clean. Hiring an experienced refinishing contractor can help you achieve the best and longest lasting results.
The following are some reasons to consider for refinishing your bathtub:
- Saves money: Replacing your bathtub may cost more than refinishing. If you replace your bathtub, the walls are taken out and plumbing, tile and floor jobs are involved. Refinishing costs are limited to supplies and labor.
- Saves time: Bathtub refinishing takes only 3 to 6 hours depending on the condition of the tub.
- Longevity: Bathtub refinishing can last up to 15 years. In addition to this, small chips and cracks can be quickly repaired.
- Color choice: To refinish your bathtub, you can choose a color of your choice. It also gives a good and attractive look to your bathroom.
Professional Bathtub Refinishing Services by Perma Ceram
Perma Ceram, a bathtub refinishing contractor has been providing bathtub refinishing services for over 30 years. Our goal is to give the highest quality & service to our clients. We provide our services in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Dutchess Counties in NY, Fairfield County and Bridgeport and Greenwich in CT. Our professionals can provide a long lasting solution at an affordable cost.
If you are interested in our services, please feel free to call us at (914) 930- 4964.
If you have no experience with bathtub refinishing, then doing it on your own might produce undesirable results. This video shows some disadvantages of doing bathtub refinishing projects on your own without professional help. For more details, call (914) 930-4964 or (888) 797-8108. You can also send mails at email@example.com.
Bathtub refinishing requires skill and expertise to produce high-quality results. Do not try to perform refinishing jobs by yourself if you are not experienced. Perma Ceram, a bathtub refinishing contractor in Westchester, NY has skilled professionals who perform refinishing jobs. If you need an experienced bathtub refinisher, then call (888) 797-8108.
Click here to Download PPT
Bathtub refinishing is best left to the professionals. The process requires skill and expertise to produce high-quality results. If you have no experience with bathtub refinishing, then doing it on your own might produce undesirable results. Bathtub refinishing is also a dangerous job. The refinishing products release toxic fumes, which can causes illness if inhaled.
Disadvantages of Bathtub Refinishing
DIY refinishing projects end up costing more in the end. If the stripping agents are not properly applied, then replacing your bathtub is the only option.
Most DIY Jobs Are Redone
Most DIY refinishing jobs are redone, thereby increasing the cost of refinishing. Do not try to perform refinishing jobs by yourself if you are not experienced. It is good to hire a professional to achieve desirable and long lasting results.
Bathtub Refinishing in Westchester, NY
Hire a professional refinisher for your bathtub refinishing job. PermaCeram, a bathtub and tile refinishing contractor in Westchester, NY has skilled professionals who perform refinishing jobs. If you need an experienced bathtub refinisher, then call (888) 797-8108.
Steps to Fix a Chip in a Fiberglass Bathtub
- Clean the chipped area: Clean the chipped area with soap and water. Let the area dry.
- Mask: Mask the area around the chip with plastic tape.
- Ventilate the area: Open windows to ventilate the bathroom.
- Prepare the epoxy mixture: Add thickener to the epoxy and stir it.
- Chip repair: Apply the epoxy mixture to the chipped area with a paintbrush. Allow the epoxy to dry for five hours or more.
- Smooth the surface: Once the epoxy is dry, smooth the surface with sandpaper.
- The bathtub is ready for use after 24-hours.
Fiberglass chip repair is a do-it-yourself job, but hiring a professional ensures a durable job.
Fiberglass Repair in Westchester
Perma Ceram is a bathtub refinishing and repair company in Westchester, NY. The company has more than 30 years of experience refinishing and repairing fiberglass bathtubs. For fiberglass chip repair in NY, call Perma Ceram at (914) 930-4964/(888) 797-8108 for a free, no obligation estimate.
Would you like to make your bathtub look brand new? Refinishing your bathtub can make it look brand new, and save you from buying and installing a new bathtub.
Bathtub refinishing steps
- Mask: Mask the area around the bathtub that will not be refinished.
- Base coat: To apply the base coat, wear a respirator and make sure the area is ventilated. Mix the base coat and apply to the bathtub using a spray gun. Let the base coat dry for 30 minutes.
- Top coat: Mix the paint and apply the top coat using a spray gun. Wait 48-72 hours and let it dry. Remove the mask around the bathtub and it is ready to use.
Bathtub refinishing is not easy. The process involves toxic chemicals, and it is not easy to get good results. Hire a professional bathtub refinishing service to do the job perfectly and safely.